GPS can now be implemented in an antenna that previously only accommodated AM/FM; the other functions (telephone antenna, AM/FM antenna, SDARS = Satellite Digital Audio Radio Services) could be integrated into the same volume with our Scarabaeus.
The system offers the same or even better reception performance than existing patch antennas. Measurement results show a high efficiency and a large bandwidth, which clearly exceeds the necessary bandwidth for SDARS and GPS. The Scarabaeus is easy to produce and the reception performance can be reproduced to a high degree. In addition to GPS, other GNSS bands can be integrated on request. Various patents exist for different designs worldwide.
- Simple production and high reproducibility
- Space requirement is much smaller than with two individual antennas
- Combination is completely embedded in the metal roof of a car
- Covered by the surface of the vehicle (invisible)
- Precise correlation between simulation and measurement
- Low losses
- Radiation pattern is tailored to the reception of satellite signals
- Very low mutual coupling